Monday, July 23, 2012

Moderately Monochronic




                  Based on the "Monochron or PolyChron" survey, I scored a 58, making me Moderately Monochronic. The description of being moderately monochronic is " These individuals demonstrate an organized approach to projects and are committed to their completion on time. They ultimately prioritize the successful completion of projects, and tend to address tasks in an analytical and information-oriented manner. These individuals tend to prefer an isolated and uninterrupted work environment; social interaction has its appropriate time and place. Their significant communications are usually to the point, logical and written. Though group input is an important element in these individuals’ decision-making process, they ultimately rely on personal judgment to make important final decisions."
                  I feel that I have taken surveys similar to this one in the past. Each time, my end result seems to always be the same. I agree with the description given for my score. My major is engineering, and I feel that this  personality is one that fits perfect for an engineer, seeing as though a large portion of my work is done both in groups and by myself as well. I have had to learn to work effectively alone, and be able to present my work and ideas to a group for a project or assignment.  As a person, I take due dates very seriously, and make sure that whatever my assignment is, I will get it done by the assigned date. I find that throughout my life I have always preferred to do my work on my own. If I have an extremely important assignment, a quiet and isolated work environment best suits me and will help me to complete the work. However, I do not mind working with others in a group as well, especially if it is for a project. I enjoy listening to other opinions and inputs when it comes to group work.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, can you share a link of that survey? I'm doing some research on the subject and it would be very interesting to take a look at it. Thanks

    ReplyDelete